Friday, October 31, 2014

Preparing for the road trip to Mexico

So the hurricane caused a great deal of damage in the Cabo area.  This resulted in the temporary closing the time share resort that we were planned on staying at, however they gave us an up grade to another resort.  The Mexican government is working hard on getting the infrastructure up and going so I am not expecting any problems on getting to Cabo.  We have not made any other reservations. 
            Some of the preparations include car insurance, and upgrades in phone service, renewed passport and downloading music and podcasts since Sirius/Xm won’t be across the border. 
            I plan on taking my 2005 Honda Odyssey.   There are some issues here to take care of.  I went through a little period where I thought an RV would better serve my needs.  Class B? Class C?  Travel Trailer?  Bottom line is I can stay in a lot of hotels for the price of an RV!  And the Honda is just an excellent option for this kinda of trip.  And since this is my first road trip down the Baja and mostly being solo, comforts of camping can be minimized. 

            I have reached out to real estate agents and have gotten about six responses so far.  I am still aiming for have two agents to meet up with in each area.  So far I have David Biondolillo in Rosarito, Robin Hodgson in La Paz, David Lokey in Los Barrilles, and Martin Posch, Julie Kershner, Cherine Khouzan in Cabo.  If you already have a Realtor in Baja that you would recommend please let us know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment