Sunday, January 25, 2015

Todos Santos! Close but no cigar!


            There were cigars available, as wells as yoga and mountain bike guides!  The town is about 90 minutes to the international airport in San Jose Del Cabo.  They are building a new highway that will cut off 30 minutes.  It sits overlooking the Pacific Ocean with deadly beautiful beaches.  It appears that many of the beaches in southern baja, especially along the Pacific have a dangerous under tow and steep drop offs.  
            There is some pavement going through the middle of town, however most of the side streets are dirt and sand.  I stayed at the Historic Todos Santos Inn, for sale by the way.  Four stars, really, including the sushi. 






            Regarding the real estate market, they are behind the curve, yet closer to our norm than everything I had seen on my journey to date.  That is to say, that when I met with a broker who works for the largest local office, he was spending his time entering the firms properties onto the multiple listing service(mls).   It appears  a brand new real estate practice for the area. 
             During the evening I spoke with a woman whose property had been on the market for a couple of years, she had no sign in front of her home and no mls listing, so unless you spoke with her or her broker, you might never have seen the property.  It sounded like a beautiful historic home, she was asking 1.1 million.  I found my review of the local property prices here to be high.   And it appears the market is still depressed.  It’s an artsy, town with a new age feel, so imagine as the market rebounds this area will recover well.  There was also a great sense of community as they rallied in support for hurricane relief.  I must also mention there is an annual music festival in January. 

            As I have learned, everything in Mexico is negotiable.  And my personal experience supports that you can bid and the owner will accept an offer and amount significantly less than her asking price.  I am getting ahead of my self, and will write about our adventures in finding Casa Indya in future blogs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment